Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 27: Excitement

Our journey is almost over!  It is the evening before Christmas Eve!  When I finished my sermon for Sunday I felt excitement.  Yes, I was excited that the writing task for the week was behind me, but even more than that, I was excited that what I had written and what I will say on Sunday is really good news! In listening to some wonderful music today, Michael Card's The Promise and City on a Hill Christmas Collection, I was reminded through some lyrics as well that God is with us, he has sent his Son to bring peace and righteousness and salvation to a dark and broken world.  The message of Christmas is good news of great joy and we are on the brink of celebrating this reality in all its glorious fullness once again!  I am excited!  Excited for the services we'll share in on Saturday and Sunday.  Excited to have Doug's sister Beth and her husband Chuck with us.  Excited to enjoy time with close friends over the next couple of days.  Excited that our advent journey has delivered us to the stable, where the Son of God enters our world and abides with us.  I hope you are excited too.  Good news of great joy awaits us.  The journey through advent is almost complete.  But so much still awaits us!  I am anticipating it all with eager expectation and excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment