Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back blog: New York City!

Our entry point into New York seems like ages ago but now that I have a bit more leisure time on my hands and am fully connected to the internet once again, I'm wanting to review this great weekend.  Our first morning we wandered around our neighborhood while waiting for our friends to arrive.  Poor Doug was really sick so on top of his sore leg, he was feeling rather under the weather.  But he was a trooper and helped me enjoy my first moments in this amazing city. 
That's me in front of the discounted Ticket booth in Times Square still in awe that I was in NYC!
Times Square, NBC and 30 Rockefeller Place, St. Patrick's Church, an outside look at David Letterman's studio and a trip to Magnolia bakery (which was surprisingly disappointing) were all part of my initial intro into NYC.  Letterman wasn't taping.  Too bad.  We would've enjoyed getting in on that!  St. Pat's Church was amazingly beautiful and so awesome just sitting there surrounded by all its urban glory. After our friends arrived, we enjoyed an amazing lunch at a classic New York City steak house called AJ's Steakhouse.  Great, sassy waitress, amazing food and a good time was had by all.  We decided to go for show tickets and got 'em for Billy Elliot that night.  We were not disappointed.  Awesome dancing, great story, thrilling staging.  A trip to Junior's afterward for a big 'ol prime rib sandwich and some cheesecake made the day rather magical. I never got a picture of the cheese cake which is quite disappointing.  I have to admit, it is the best I've ever tasted.  And after the two sandwiches that I'd had in NYC up to that point, I am sure I could eat sandwiches most of the time in NYC and be happy!  All in all, my first full day in NYC did not disappoint.  I loved every minute of being here.  Our walk back through Times Square at night capped it all beautifully.  So far, I was feeling like I truly loved New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment