Saturday, December 29, 2012

Window Dressing

The big department store in downtown Stockholm, NK, decorates their windows every Christmas with a fine tale of the season.  
I love this.  One of my favorite things to do when I lived in Chicago was to venture down to State Street to look at the beautiful windows in the then Marshall Field's department store.  In this respect, the child in me really comes out!
One evening, we were strolling through the city and stopped by for a look.  It was kind of late so the streets were almost empty, thus allowing us to get a good look at the windows, read the commentary and get some good photos!
Yes, that's Pippi Longstockings busy making Pepparkakor!
This year, the windows were a tribute to famous Swedish fairy tales and books.  The details were marvelous and I'm sure my eyes sparkled as I took in the beauty with childlike wonder.
Loved watching the skiers turn the corner!
I may have to walk downtown one more time to have one last look before the windows return to their high fashion state.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your posts bring back beautiful memories of a magical week in Stockholm our family shared 6 years ago. Thanks for then and thanks for sharing these pictures.

    Nancy Carlson

    ReplyDelete